Thursday, September 24, 2015

Study Tips!



I have picked up some pretty unconventional study habits while being in College. Exam weeks are super stressful, so I thought I would share my strange but helpful study tips:

1. Reward yourself. For example, I have an exam everyday this week *has mini panic attack while writing* so if I study and pass them all I am rewarding myself with a mani/pedi spa day. I've found that rewarding myself motivates me to study and do well.

2. Music. When I'm studying I tend to get trapped in the white-static sounds of an empty room. Playing music while studying takes away the treacherous silence and helps stimulate brain activity. Some of my favorite artists to listen to while studying include: Frank Sinatra, Mozart, and Lennon and Maisy.  I prefer soft calming sounds and coffee shop acoustic covers, but find what fits you best.

3. Dance party. This tip is more for when you're pulling an all nighter and are about to have a mental breakdown. Instead of crying and panicking, just get up and dance Christina Yang/Meredith Grey style (Grey's Anatomy fans will understand). I'm not talking about swaying and a few turns, I'm talking about full blown dancing where if someone were to be watching they would call an ambulance because they think you're having a seizure. Let loose and dance the stress away.

I hope these tips help you as much as they help me. Remember that passing is great, but don't beat yourself up if you fail a quiz or exam, just accept it and work harder next time.

                                                                                           - Ally

Here are some pictures of me during my week from hell.

Snacks also help when you find out you passed an exam by only two points.

No comments:

Post a Comment